Calvin Witcher is an Author, Teacher and Spiritual Crusader that has coached international teachers, doctors, therapists, business professionals and individuals seeking clarity. Known for his bold and integrative approach to spirituality, he calls all to freedom and the soul’s highest calling.
Calvin is the host of his self-help show on YouTube, and his podcast, Expect Great Things, which debuted in the top 30 Spirituality video podcasts on iTunes. He is a sought after thought leader, conference speaker, and workshop facilitator in the fields of philosophy, spirituality, and personal development and has been featured in Success Magazine.
As a gifted counsellor and speaker, the core of Calvin’s message is “helping others find clarity through challenge, crisis, and change”. Transcending socioeconomic and denominational barriers, his message resonates among people from every walk of life.
With a faith undaunted by the task at hand, this husband, father, and mentor is the prophetic voice to a progressive generation. Today, as a much-in-demand speaker and proclaimer of inclusive and interfaith, he continues to fulfill his mission to radically heal and transform lives.
Calvin’s Key Points
- Be OK with not knowing.
- Be OK with saying you will know as you go through the process.
- Don’t take things for granted and don’t waste time.
- Website: CalvinWitcher.com
- Facebook: fb.com/calvinwitcher
- YouTube: youtube.com/calvinwitcher
- Instagram: instagram.com/calvin.witcher/
- Twitter: twitter.com/calvinwitcher
- Before all of this, I spent a long time in the restaurant industry.
- Things were going great, we had a couple of houses and a holiday home, several cars, things were good.
- The economy started to take a dive and when it hit, we hit it with it.
- We were $200,000 in debt.
- I had to look for a job, which is not a fun experience.
- I got a job at a grocery store.
- After a few months, I felt I had this calling to go to California and I wanted to have some time to reset my mind.
- The day after that I had an accident and crushed my foot, i was bed ridden for 5 and a half months which game me the time I wanted and I got a settlement which got me some money.
- I transferred some money to secure an apartment, we didn’t;t rent a truck, we used our cars.
- On the way, one of our cars broke down which delayed us a couple of days.
- The car broke down again a couple of days late but this time it caught on fire.
- We were sat at the side of the road, car on fire in the pouring rain.
- We got to Cali to find out that the money I sent for the apartment was a scam.
- We managed to get into an apartment but we only had 8 days.
- Nobody knew we were moving to California, not even my mum.
- I just had the believe that things always work out the way they should.
- Don’t focus on the bad things that are happening but focus on the long game.
- There were so many things at that time that I couldn’t control so I asked myself, what can I control?
- When you don’t have any other options, people become very resourceful.
- Do you want to do gown in history that I succumb to my struggles.
- Look at your personal inventory and ask what I can do to make money.
- Faith and a lot of hard work.
- Faith is really good when you come to the end of what you know.
- As bad as things were, I wouldn’t change it, because it made us stronger.
- When you have the benefit of convenience, that’s what often causes the challenges.
- One of the best things we did was not telling anyone and I wouldn’t change that.
- A lot of time people look at situations through their own filters and give their own suggestions.
- A lot of the time, silence is more supportive.
- I help people find clarity in mist, challenge and crisis.
- I found that most people just need a clear neutral voice.
- Being an entrepreneur is not a safe route.
- Family and friends always come from the standpoint of, are you OK?
- When you’re about to make a big decision, think back in your past to when you felt the exact same way and thought you weren’t going to make it.
- It’s your life and how you show up in on place is how you show up everywhere.
- Life’s pretty good, I wouldn’t change a thing.
- [0:27] – Before I got my cape
- [2:01] – When the downturn hit
- [5:30] – Looking for a job
- [6:00] – That’s a lot to take in and it gets worse
- [9:51] – The journey from hell
- [14:16] – Getting through the tough times
- [17:29] – Figuring things out
- [20:40] – I wouldn’t change our journey
- [22:50] – I wouldn’t tell anyone again
- [25:15] – The change in Cali
- [33:10] – When you’re about to make a big decision
- [36:30] – The biggest thing
- [38:35] – Was it worth it?
- [41:10] – Guest links